Alex is now 3 1/2 years old and loves to swim, dance, draw and most of all talk your ear off. Her favorite word right now is "Why?" and she will randomly tell me and Brad "I love you". She especially likes to throw that out just after she's been scolded for something. Her face will soften with a serene smile as she says "Mom, I love you". Now how can you stay mad after that? She's a little too smart for her own good. The other day her friend was over and it was time to pick up. She told her friend to "pick up the jewelry" maybe implying that she would pick up something else. Well my hardworking daughter stood there and pointed out "there's some jewelry, there's some jewelry" until all but two or three necklaces were left on the ground. Then she suggested to her friend "I'll pick up the jewelry and you pick up the doctor stuff". Are you kidding me? She's only three and she's already figured out how to manipulate the system. She loves to help me out around the house and I'm constantly making up tasks for her to help me with. She's a very structure oriented child and has to have everything in her life lined up just how she wants it. She likes her schedules and will do whatever we ask if it's written on a chart or calendar. Otherwise, what she says is law and she is stubborn to the bone. We love our little Alex and can see that she is growing up way too fast. I try to enjoy her childish acts as much as possible and I can't get over just how beautiful she is!
1 comment:
She is SOO beautiful, Laurel you are right. That picture is gorgeous. Well said, that whole paragraph explains her to a T.
Post a Comment