Our stake held a Pioneer Day celebration on Saturday. They had a covered wagon parade with the primary, horseback riding, and lots of games. Alex stood in line forever to ride the horse and for awhile I had her convinced she was going to ride it all by herself but in the end, she had me up on the horse with her. The night before, I rummaged through a bag of my old baby clothes from when I was little and found my old gingham bonnet and strawberry shortcake apron. I'm so glad I found them too because every little girl there was dawning a bonnet and apron. I was in charge of conducting our treck family choir with a song they learned to sing on treck called "Keepers of His Light". I got as far as our neighborhood Albertson's and heard a pop in my car and dust flew through my air vents. The last time this happened I was driving the truck and the radiator blew up and it cost us a pretty penny to fix. So I pulled over just in case and didn't have much time so I ran to my friend's house with Alex on my back and wearing the most uncomfortable pair of sandles I own. Our home phone wasn't going through so she leant me her car and when we got to the pioneer day celebration the choir was standing up ready to sing, I made it there without a second to spare. So I ran up in front, annouced that I was there and immediately brought them into the song. When I got home and had Brad go check out the car, nothing seemed to be the matter. His theory is that I ran over something that banged the undercarriage of the car and that could've been what happened. All that and nothing was wrong. Oh well, I guess it is better to be safe than sorry.
HAPPY PIONEER DAY!
P.S. Cali pictures are in the mail, I'll be posting some as soon as they arrive!
1 comment:
She looks so cute Laurel! That story is so hilarious!! You better post cali pictures soon...
Post a Comment