Alex's Kindergarten class took their first field trip yesterday. I guess they are usually only allowed one field trip but since the fire department is only a 15 min walk from the school they will be allowed one more trip to the zoo this year via bus. Alex always made sure she was up near the front of the line and was always walking with a different friend in her class, (or skipping, dancing, or hopping, I don't know that she did much walking) continually humming a tune to herself or chatting with the person next to her. She's not the shy little girl I was as a child, that's for sure.So the crew of parents and 22 kindergartners put on their walking shoes and headed single file (kind of) through the neighborhood to the fire department where they got a run down of the truck and gear they wear as well as a few safety tips. Of course the fire fighter giving the tour was always open for questions and more often than not he got a "what if" question from each and everyone of them. "What if a tree was on fire?" "What if the TV was on fire?" "What if the road was on fire?" and I kid you not "What if the Earth was on fire?" When he asked if any of them had a planned meeting place in case of a fire in their home the only one who could think of one was Alex (our mail box); nice job Alex. Way to show that we're prepared. Yesterday was also their first "tie dye Tuesday" so all of the kids wore the shirts they made at school last week.
Since Johnny's preschool class had a field trip to the fire deptartment this week as well I figured I'd kill two birds with one stone and snuck him in on the walk. He followed his sister around very well and sat up front listening intently to the firefighter and putting in his two cents whenever the opportunity arose.
1 comment:
Johnny! What a cutie! And Grace is just as social as Alex. She really tries to ignore me when her friends are around. They are VEEERY important to her.
Post a Comment