Monday, July 13, 2009

Refreshing

This girl here, Sarah Smylie is so refreshing as is her entire family who I had the opportunity to hang out with this past weekend. They all make me feel so young again. A family of 11, now a family of 22, ranging from elementary school students to college students as well as life teachers. With fiances, newlyweds, mothers and fathers, all thrown in this mix that causes me to smile and makes me feel at home no matter where I am.

The youngest member of their family? Little Lillie who was born across the US in Florida where I haven't had the chance to meet her until now. This little girl is just as refreshing as the rest of them. She has been molded by them and is now molding them to obey her every command.

The newest member of their family? My little beehive with the brightest personality and warmest heart, Katie Nalder (Now Medley). I was her camp director when I first moved to Idaho and now Gideon has snatched her up and she fits into their family so well. Because yes, she is also so refreshing to be around. I loved watching her light up whenever she was talking about Gid and I loved watching Gideon stare at her as if she was the only person in the room crammed full of bodies.

What did my kids do while I was mingling with the Medleys? Well, they did a lot of hanging out with Aunties. Sariah watched them Thursday night and Jolene took them Friday night and spoiled them rotten as she is known to do. A refreshing swim at this fun indoor pool. Johnny loved the big twisty slide and Alex went off of the high dive all by herself!

Then they topped it off with a refreshing scoop of ice cream. That's right, it was an all around refreshing weekend and I'm so glad I was able to make the trip down there and sneak into their family one more time.

3 comments:

Sarie said...

So refreshing! I loved your recap Laurel. We are wayyyyy more normal than you make us sound, so thanks for the compliments!!! xoxo

Celeste said...

What a great weekend to see all the Medleys. That is so cool that you knew his fiance... well wife now right. I love that picture of you and Sarah together... neither of you have seemed to age at all!

Unknown said...

Sister Day!! I'm sorry I think i will probably have to call you that forever. Your candle is burning all the time in our little basement apartment. I'm SO glad you could come!!