Sunday, October 18, 2009

Highlights

Weekly Highlights:
  • Two costume parties for Alex

  • One field trip to the pumpkin patch for Johnny with biting cold wind. He is keeping his pumpkin in his room for now as a pet until it's time to start carving.

  • Trip to the doctor's for Johnny's cough. Cough is better but we're going to try and get in tomorrow for an allergy test.

  • Took pictures of Johnny on the playground. Should be done editing soon...

  • Flu shots bright and early in the morning before school started on the other side of town.

  • A walking field trip for Alex to Albertson's where they learned about healthy food and got to check out their own snack at the cash register. She's been telling everyone what food groups they are eating ever since.
  • Helped out in her classroom the next day and I think I know all of the names of the kids in her class now.

  • Gymnastics as usual.

  • Moved Brad's parents into a new house in Meridian, closer to us!

  • Johnny and Hunter went to a book reading for "Where the Wild Things Are", made wild sock puppets, bounced on bounce houses and watched the movie with Sariah. Beware, apparently it's not a kid's movie (come on people, it's based on a popular children's book!).

  • Squeezed in some quick Super Saturday craft blocks counting down to Halloween and another set for Christmas. Very cute!

  • Made the oh so cute lanterns pictured at the top of the page. Thank you Sara for the cute idea!
  • Looking forward to seeing what next week has in store for us.

2 comments:

Sara @ Our Best Bites said...

What the heck- you have a blog?? Why didn't I know that?! You've been hiding from me, jerk. K, that picture of Johnny at the end is so stinking cute- I love it. And darling lanterns, I love love that round one!

lauralquinton said...

I want to see the blocks you made at super saturday!!