I'm a little behind but I have a feeling that's just going to be the way it is this summer. Last weekend we were in Utah for our nephew, Elder Brett Gunter's farewell. The kids got to meet their cousins Brett and Sarah for the first time. I'm glad we were able to make it down there before Brett took off for his 2 year mission to Romania. Alex was excited to meet Sarah, another girl cousin, since there aren't many of them out there in our family! And since we were out there we spent a day at Lagoon too!
I brought an old little point and shoot to carry around at the amusement park.
At least it's better than no pictures though, right?
Johnny and I were buddies most of the time. Brad took Alex on a couple of rides that Johnny wasn't tall enough for, even though she wished she were too short to go on them. We did find a couple of roller coasters that Johnny was tall enough for and we couldn't pass them up. People probably thought we were the worst parents as we stood in line with two kids begging us not to go. Wahahahaha.
One ride we were able to sneak him onto even though he was too short was one of the tube rides at Lagoon-a-beach. He and Alex rode that a few times by themselves while Brad and I watched from the sidelines (we only had the 2 tubes). He barely fit in the tube though and even fell out on his first time down the slide. So maybe there's something to the height requirement. Oh well, he had fun!
The kids mostly picked rides that went around and around and around and mine and Brad's stomachs were getting a little tired of spinning so Alex went on this dragon ride by herself. She sat next to a girl about her age and made a new friend.
Our deal was that if they went on the roller coasters we would let them pick a carnival game to play. They picked this one (because it was close) and it had a minimum of 3 players so I jumped in.
It was a really fun weekend and Friday we went to Roaring Springs here in Meridian for my birthday. It's been a fun summer so far and it's only a third of the way through! Looking forward to what July will bring!
No comments:
Post a Comment