Tuesday, August 28, 2007

Bikes

The other day the young women went peddling around the neighborhood so Brad got his bike down from the ceiling of the garage for me (it's been there since we moved in). Since it was down I've been more inclined to use it so lately I've taken it out with the kids in the front yard and we've all ridden our bikes around together. I'm trying to get Alex more comfortable on her bike. She's a little nervous on it even with the training wheels on. I guess she's had a couple of spills that have injured her confidence. We can't go far because Johnny's on a push and go kind of bike so I usually circle around him a little until we can catch up to Alex. Yesterday however we were on our way back towards the house and in approaching the slide across the street from the house Johnny abandons his bike for the slide. I tell him to bring his bike with him since it was down the street a ways. So he runs back towards his bike and I'm watching Alex down the other side of the street. I don't hear Johnny pushing along (it's not the quietest bike) and when I look back he's carrying it down the street with one hand on the front and one on the back. The bike looked so big and he's so little so I suggest he puts it down and rides it the rest of the way. He simply shakes his head, says "no" and keeps on hauling it the rest of the way home. If only I had a camera handy, it was too cute. I guess he was tired of pushing himself around on his bike.

1 comment:

Sarie said...

Alex looks SO OLD in the rock climbing pictures!! That's crazy. And Johnny is such a boy in his cape and toothy grin. I love it.