Alex had her first Gymnastics meet on Saturday. Only two kids her age competed. It's not really a competition though since she's only in the recreational level but they get to show of what they've learned. It was for all the kids in levels 1-3. Alex was nervous at first when we got there and the gym was full of other gymnists and their parents. But she did so good in everything. She did her floor routine, the vault, balance beam and bars. At the end of the competition the level 5-7 gymnists performed to show the kids what they can learn some day if they stick with it. I think it overwhelmed Alex and made her feel like she could never be as good as them so she didn't want to do gymnastics anymore. But when we got to the gym today and it was her normal class and normal teacher she was excited and asked when she'll be bigger so she can do the things the big girls did. I assured her that it just takes lots of practice and she's getting bigger and better every day. I'm a little annoyed that our video camera wasn't working so I didn't get it on tape but I did take pictures. Here are a few.
2 comments:
Yeah Alex...she looks so cute. I'm so glad we got to see you. Even if it was just for a little bit..your kids are so cute.
She is so cute and coordinated. She's hard on herself, just like you are. I really want to get Grace into gymnastics.
Post a Comment