Thursday, September 11, 2008

Favorites

The other day I was upstairs on the computer and I heard a knock at the door. I headed downstairs to find the stairs roped off and obstacles in my way but no one at the door. After I closed the door I heard giggling from around the corner. The kids had been watching Scooby Doo and decided to set a trap to catch me (apparently I'm a bad guy?). Then Alex knocked on the door and they hid around the corner. It made me start thinking about how it's so funny that they watch and like shows that I watched growing up. Then I started thinking about how their favorite things change so quickly and if I wanted to remember them at this stage I had better write some of them down. So here it goes.
ALEX'S FAVORITES:


Color: Red

Shows: Scooby Doo, Trasformers, Ben 10, Tom & Jerry, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles

Breakfast: Waffles

Lunch/Dinner: "Curly pasta", meat (of any kind), Pepperoni pizza

Song: "Called to Serve" (learning in Primary this year) and "Rock and Roll" (by Eric Hutchinson)

Phrase: "Can I play with a friend?"

Toy: Games, puzzles or whatever Johnny is playing with

Misc: Wearing mismatch shoes or PJs, all things related to art, dancing, all things pink and sparkly and girly, being tickled.


JOHNNY'S FAVORITES:

Color: Green

Shows: Tom and Jerry, Scooby Doo, Word World

Breakfast: Pancakes or Oatmeal

Lunch/Dinner: Taquitos and french fries, Any vegetable I put on his plate

Song: "Popcorn Popping"

Phrase: "Huh?" (After every thing I tell him) or "Like this!" (Usually accompanied by actions)

Toy: Ropes, Transformers, or whatever Alex is playing with

Misc: Shooting fire out of his hands like the Avatar, playing with ropes (for fishing or lassoing), Playing with his cousin Ethan, or proving that he "really is big enough".

1 comment:

Sarie said...

This motivates me to make more lists like this with specific things they like. What a great idea. Ruby loves Word World too even though she can't say the title too well!