Friday, September 05, 2008

Preschooler

Johnny's feeling pretty big today with his big kid backpack, heading off to big kid preschool.
This is what he did yesterday while buying time until Alex was out of school. Playing with her "off limits to Johnny" toys in her "off limits to Johnny" room in his pjs with his new backpack forever on his back. He also felt inclined to give himself a new haircut for school yesterday because it wasn't long before I found hair all over him and the bathroom. Luckily he's a boy and the solution is just to bring out the clippers and cut everything shorter.

When Alex started school almost 2 weeks ago, we made a chain to help Johnny count the days until school started for him. He goes Mondays and Fridays and since this Monday was a holiday he is starting school on a Friday. Kind of strange but it's all the same to him. So this morning we watched Alex take off on the school bus and then headed out for Johnny's first day of preschool. I probably could've put HIM in the backpack and carried him to school but I guess some day he'll grow into it. He has grown 1.5 inches since his birthday in June. Not too shabby.

3 comments:

Sarie said...

He is SUCH a doll. And don't let Alex see the photographic evidence of him playing in her stuff! Grace would hit the roof, but I let Ruby play with all of her stuff!

Dots n Daisies said...

Such a cute boy! How cute that he was hanging out with his pj's and backpack on, missing his sister.

Hannah said...

I love how the moments when kids get to finally play with the older sibling's toys is so awesome to them! He is growing so fast!