February 1st, I made these bags and hung them outside the kid's bedrooms as well as one each for me and Brad. The kids have been having fun putting cards in each other's bags every day. The very first day Alex would check her bag every 30 minutes. Before Brad even got home that day she asked me "why doesn't Dad ever put anything in my bag?" She was very excited when the next day she had a Wall-E valentine in her bag from her Dad with little candies taped to the card.
Along with cards we made decorations for our house.
Then yesterday we had our annual sugar cookie bake off. My poor kids don't get to bake in the kitchen much because the more I bake, the more baked goods I consume. AND I have a hard time with the hours it takes to prep, make and clean up, especially with two pairs of little hands helping me out. However, bake we did. I doubled the batch and gave the kids a third of the dough, freezing the other two thirds for later use. Yes, that means we'll be making sugar cookies at least three times this year, what a treat!(I'll include the ultimate, soft sugar cookie recipe below.)
After making the dough we rolled it out...
Frosting...
We have definitely been feeling the love these past couple of weeks and Valentine's Day is just about here.
Super Soft Sugar Cookies
2 cups sugar
2 tsp baking soda
1 tsp salt
2 eggs
2 tsp vanilla
1 cup butter (room temp)
16 oz sour cream
approximately 6 1/2 cups flour (plus or minus)
I add flour until it doesn't stick to me as I kneed it out and add more as I see fit as I'm rolling out the cookies. Roll out dough to about 1/4 inch thick.
Cut out cookies and bake at 400 degrees for 8-9 minutes
Cream Cheese Frosting
1, 8 oz cream cheese (room temp-very important)
1 pound powdered sugar
2 tsp vanilla
1/4 cup butter (room temp)
Cream cheese and butter, then add other ingredients and beat.

2 comments:
How did you know that I TOTALLY needed this recipe? I did a batch last weekend that turned out horrible. Thanks for posting this and reminding me to do this with the girls tomorrow!
Wish I could have been there.
Such cute ideas! I love the bags!
Post a Comment