Tuesday, November 17, 2009

We did it!

We finally did it! It's been almost 2 years since our last family picture, and after our little escapade to get this one taken, I now know why. Brad was reluctant and looked tortured the entire time. Alex was freezing and wanted to hide herself behind her scarf and was mad if Johnny got to sit and she had to stand, Johnny was goofing off and wouldn't hold still or look at the camera (or look somewhat natural for that matter) for a single shot. I was stressed about the time and weather and feeling bad for making my family endure this and hoping at least ONE will turn out. Then there was poor Sariah who I put behind the camera with little knowledge of what I wanted or how to use my camera, trying her best to make sure she got at least one shot with everyone looking at the camera with a smile on their face. Not a small task. Out of 200 shots, this is the only one that works, but I'll take it! Don't we look happy? I'm looking up at the picture we took in May 2008 and everyone has bright, natural smiles on their faces and the kids look so angelic. What happened? At least it's done, right? We're good for another year at least!

2 comments:

Celeste said...

You guys look great! And how nice to have it done. It's been a year a half since we had family pictures so don't feel bad! I think you got a great shot!

Anonymous said...

Laurel, I love this family shot. Johnny's personality SHINES! ha ha. I think you and Brad look GREAT. You look so pretty. And i have to compliment you on your outfit choices. All the colors go together but it's not too matchy. Well done! And good job Sariah!!

Sarie