Saturday, April 10, 2010

Happy Belated Easter!

What can I say? It's been one of those weeks...

We did have a great Easter weekend though. We found the time to decorate some Easter cookies and the kids got very creative. I think Johnny's objective was to see how much frosting he could fit on one cookie before I snatched it away from him. Alex took the time to give all of her cookies faces and wings and ears and beaks.

Since spring break brought the blizzards our way (so much so that Alex and I took off and went skiing one day during the week) we moved our cousin's Easter egg hunt to a church building and hid the eggs throughout a few rooms for the kids to find. Not exactly the spring background you hope for on Easter weekend but the kids didn't mind. The eggs were still filled with candy and they still got to spend some time with their cousins!

Easter found us cozied up in our house eating bunny shaped pancakes and watching general conference. I let the kids go at it with their candy so it didn't linger around the house too long. Alex was so impressed that the Easter bunny strung her beads back onto her basket that fell off the day before. I actually think she forgot this time around that her dear old Mom plays Easter bunny and I looooove that. The kids both wanted to dress up for Sunday even though we didn't have church that day. Alex got a cute spring dress from my parents and Johnny wanted to wear his new shirt he got from Brad's parents. Well, we did make it over to Brad's parent's for some Easter lunch between conferences so the outfits didn't go to waste.

Then Alex couldn't wait for school on Monday to wear the new shirt from Nana and her new shoes from Grammie because they matched perfectly! She even got to wear her blue blow that she couldn't wear before because she didn't have any blue outfits in her closet until now. Oh the joys! Sorry it took so long to post pictures. We did have a wonderful spring break and Easter weekend though!

1 comment:

lauralquinton said...

Oh don't you just love that Easter bunny! We actually had a nice Easter this year. Windy windy windy, but we were able to put eggs outside instead of in the garage this year. Your pictures are totally cute and I love how you even had easter bunny pancakes. That my friend is above and beyond the call of duty! LOL. Nice job!