Sunday, May 09, 2010

Spoiled


What can I say? Other than, Brad's Dad taught him well. I get spoiled by my husband and kids on Mother's Day.
Alex slept in (today of all days, very uncharacteristic of her) so I got up, showered and blow dried my hair before she got up. Once I heard her door open I hopped back in bed for my Mother's Day breakfast in bed. The kids had gotten me flowers and cards and Johnny even agreed to wear a tie to church for me today.
After church, lunch was compliments of Alex who made everyone PB&Js with juice. I didn't have to lift a finger when it came to clearing off the table or cleaning up. After lunch I was aloud to take a nap on the couch, yes a nap, those are few and far between for me.
Brad BBQ'd some yummy spiced honey chicken to top off my yummy salad with corn cut off the cob, avocados and homemade sourdough croutons. Little luxuries I don't indulge myself with very often. Then some mint chocolate chip ice cream to round out the evening.
Hmmm, this post is mostly about naps and food. Funny how those two things can make my day so perfect!
We had a little Family Home Evening where I got to pick the lesson, music, activity and treat. Now the kids can't wait until their birthday so they can be in charge of the entire FHE.
It's been a good day. Can we have Mother's Day at least once a month? Not a bad idea if you ask me.
Brad's Mom told me today about how much the kids loved bringing her breakfast in bed when they were little but as they got older their Dad would have to wake them up and drag them in half asleep to bring her breakfast in bed and wish her a Happy Mother's Day. She felt bad for her poor children. I'm so very glad he kept the tradition alive though because Brad makes sure I get the same treatment every year as his Mom got. And I say, bring it on!

No comments: