Wednesday, May 05, 2010

Women's Conference

Last weekend I had the opportunity to take off for 5 days with these lovely ladies!

We went to Utah for Women's Conference. It was my first time and definitely not the last. The talks were so inspiring and I feel a new devotion to my role as a wife and mother. I'm sure it helped that I was away from all the chaos of being a wife and mother while I was there; but I also came away with lots of new ideas on ways to bring the spirit into my home and teach my children on a daily basis. We all went to different classes and then shared our notes so we could get the most out of the weekend.

We stayed in the dorm rooms on the BYU campus for the first couple of nights (I still have a kink in my shoulder from those beds) and we snacked during the day and ate out to some of my favorite places when we had the chance. Thursday night we attended the Women's Conference Concert and Em hooked us up with seats on the floor right next to the band and performers!

And of course, when we weren't eating, sleeping or listening to inspirational talks we were shopping! I had fun finding things for Alex's baptism while we were there and we spent all of Saturday at the outlet malls in Park City.

Thanks for a great weekend girls!

1 comment:

Jo said...

Had a blast too! My bank account didn't, but I sure did!