Two Saturdays ago Sariah and I flew out to Cali for Anna and Jason's wedding. Matt and Vanessa drove up from So Cal and we had a nice weekend celebrating this event. I took the pictures at the wedding with a little help from my talented cousin, Shelly who also flew in for the wedding. Anna and Jason looked great and Rogan was so adorable in his tux. A short trip, but worth it!
Then Wednesday Alex and I had a Mother/Daughter pedicure activity at the church. We ended up with matching sparkly lavender toes. She's also been working with her Dad lately on a car for the Daddy/Daughter Derby coming up in a month. Gotta love Activity Days!
Wednesday, Brad also flew to Utah to recruit at BYU for work. So we took Nana with us to the Ringling Brothers Circus on Friday. All I could take inside was my ancient point and shoot but it's better than nothing. We went early for the pre-show so the kids could meet the performers and participate in some of the activities. I wish I could've taken pictures during the show, it was pretty amazing but alas, it's against the rules. Both of the kid's favorite part was a clown act between some older clowns playing nice band music and a younger clown rocking out to Black Eyed Peas on an ipod. He ended up "swallowing" the ipod in the end and controlling it with his tummy. Funny that a transition act was their favorite. But Johnny also really liked the death dome with the motorcycles riding inside a dome cage and the ninja who jumped blindfolded through a flaming ring of knives. Alex really like the high wire act and the elephants. Oh, they both also really liked the dog acts which were pretty cute. They watched the show with their clown noses and silly hats on the whole time while eating $10 bags of cotton candy and popcorn. I think we spent as much on "stuff" there as we did on the actual tickets. And if the hats didn't come with the snacks they would've walked out of there with nothing but their free clown noses. Oh well, I guess they need to make money some how. It was fun and I'm glad Cathi could go with us, every one had a great time.
Alex started another season of soccer and is doing great this time around. She really enjoys her team and has shown lots of improvement already. This last Saturday she had pictures and two games in the afternoon. It was a long, hot (97 degree) day. But all of the girls pushed through and did a great job.
And drum roll please...................Johnny lost his first tooth!
It took forever for it to come out since it became loose and he was very impatient. He asked me almost every day to try and pull it out for him. He REALLY wanted that money from the tooth fairy.



1 comment:
I love the post and updates! Johnny is looking so old! wow...
Post a Comment