Wednesday, November 09, 2011

Better late than never..right?


For Halloween this year Alex was a Hula Girl.  She wore a dress that my grandma brought back for me, from Hawaii when I was Alex's age.  Johnny was a fierce little ninja.  Monday night is not a good night for Halloween.  We had school that day AND on Tuesday so there really wasn't any time for pictures or partying since they had school the next day.  We did make it to their Nana and Papa's Trunk or Treat Saturday though and then to our's Monday night and they made the rounds around the neighborhood.

This year we used powertools to help us clean out our pumpkins.  It went so fast, I'm loving the person who invented the pumkin gutting drill bit!  The kids chose their pumpkin pattern and Brad and I carved them.  Next year I think I'm going to have them pick patterns that they can try carving themselves.  Most of the fun is in the creating!  Alex helped scrape away the rough edges once her's was done.


Monday was freezing and the kids insisted on going to the trunk or treat without many layers on.  Of course they were frozen after just a few minutes and so they raced around the cars collecting their candy and then sat and ate it in the car for the rest of our time there.  They quickly added more layers once we got home before going around the neighborhood.

1 comment:

Sarie said...

Alex looks so grown up in these photos!!! ah!!!!