Friday, September 21, 2007
A Bike Ride...
The other day I noticed that it wasn't blazing hot outside and I could spare a couple of hours so the kids and decided to take a walk to the park. We got half way there, Alex was complaining about her bike tilting too much on it's training wheels and it looked like rain in the distance so we turned around and went back home. Ever since then the kids have been begging to go to the "big park" (we have a little kiddie one across the street). But Johnny doesn't want to ride in the stroller anymore, he wants to ride his bike like Alex now. He can't reach the pedals on our trike or big wheel and so he rides his bikes "Flinstone" style and it takes forever and he usually gets tired of it after too long and I end up carrying his bike. So I had this idea that I figured I'd try out. I tied his big wheel to the back of my bike with a rope and decided I would tow him behind me and that way he could "ride" his bike. Well the big wheel is low enough to the ground that I never had any problems with tipping or anything and once I got the hang of it I could keep him going straight enough. He kept turning his wheel so he was zig zagging back and forth behind me and the momentum would some times bring him right up next to me at first. But any time we had to stop for something there was potential for great hazard seeing as though I couldn't put the brakes on his bike while putting them on mine. I had to ride in the middle of the street too to keep him from hitting any mailboxes or anything. Needless to say we won't be trying anything like that again but it was fun to watch his face as I pulled him along. He was crouched down on the seat of the bike so his feet wouldn't drag on the pavement and he was gliding along without a care just smiling and happy to be on his bike. I wish I could have blinked my eyes and taken a picture of him, when are they going to create a camera like that anyway? There are so many times I'm in need of an eye-blinking powered camera. I need to find a way around it next time we go to the park because I'm sure he'll be requesting to do it again.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment