Sunday, September 23, 2007

Mine!

Today we got out our Halloween decorations along with all of our costumes and the kids found their trick-or-treat bags. They each grabbed one and the song began...

Johnny: "Mine!"
Alex: "Mine!"
Johnny: "Mine!"
Alex: "Mine!"
Johnny: "Mine!"
Alex: "Mine!"
Johnny: "Mine!"
Alex: "Mom, we're having a 'mine' fight, here's one for you" and hands me a trick-or-treat bag of my own.

**************************

In scattering the decorations about the house Alex sits our two stuffed scarecrows on a seat and says to me, "Look where I put the scarecrows, this is 'Budge' and this is 'Dudge'. That's what I named them."
Me: "Hi Budge, hi Dudge."

**************************

1:00 church isn't easy with a 2 year old. We usually put him down around 10:30 or 11 but he's getting older and isn't quite as tired this early in the morning as he used to be. So this morning I tried skipping naps to see how things would go. I'm not sure how he was in nursery but ever since we got him home he was a mess. I could tell Alex was tired today too and it wasn't long after we got home from church that I took the picture below.


2 comments:

Hannah said...

That is so awesome. Looks like he just couldn't quite give up his morning shut eye, and niether could Alex.. thats so cute!!
PS I am excited to see you for the Sara B. concert!!

Sarie said...

I can't wait to seeyou and the kids as well!!!