This week we went with our preschool class to the Pumpkin Patch. Johnny came along and loved the hay ride on the tractor. This pumpkin patch doesn't clear away all the vines like one's I've been to in the past so Johnny was tripping every other step and falling into the prickly pumpkin vines. I was not impressed. I don't think I will come back to this one again. Anyway, Alex had to go potty REALLY bad and started running back to steps where the tractor picks you up (not that the tractor was coming anytime soon). We had to hike a ways out to find any pumpkins that were small enough because they have a rule that the kids have to be able to carry them or you pay more. So I found two that were a good size for my kids; Alex was too far away to even hear me and Johnny was still trying to walk all over the vines and falling every 30 seconds. So I put Johnny on my back and carried the two pumpkins hunched over because Johnny has no grip. Other than that the kids had fun. It was warm and the air was crisp, a perfect combination. We brought home our two smaller pumpkins and sat them next to our 4 big pumpkins that we grew in our garden this year. I'll have to make a point this weekend to bring out the pumpkin carving stuff or it won't happen. I can't believe how fast October flew by. But as the saying goes..."Time flies when you're having fun!"
Friday, October 26, 2007
Pumpkin Patch
This week we went with our preschool class to the Pumpkin Patch. Johnny came along and loved the hay ride on the tractor. This pumpkin patch doesn't clear away all the vines like one's I've been to in the past so Johnny was tripping every other step and falling into the prickly pumpkin vines. I was not impressed. I don't think I will come back to this one again. Anyway, Alex had to go potty REALLY bad and started running back to steps where the tractor picks you up (not that the tractor was coming anytime soon). We had to hike a ways out to find any pumpkins that were small enough because they have a rule that the kids have to be able to carry them or you pay more. So I found two that were a good size for my kids; Alex was too far away to even hear me and Johnny was still trying to walk all over the vines and falling every 30 seconds. So I put Johnny on my back and carried the two pumpkins hunched over because Johnny has no grip. Other than that the kids had fun. It was warm and the air was crisp, a perfect combination. We brought home our two smaller pumpkins and sat them next to our 4 big pumpkins that we grew in our garden this year. I'll have to make a point this weekend to bring out the pumpkin carving stuff or it won't happen. I can't believe how fast October flew by. But as the saying goes..."Time flies when you're having fun!"
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
October WAS a good month! Your pictures are so awesome. I love the one of Alex at the bottom of this post. That profile-- so cute. Miss ya!
Lu your pictures are amazing! You still don't mind doing our Christmas ones??
Post a Comment