
Last weekend found me in fabulous Las Vegas with Brad, his sister Jolene and her boyfriend Brett. Last year around this time we were watching the BYU vs UNLV football game in Provo and since they play each other every year we knew that the game would be held in Vegas in 2007 so we decided on a trip. We got there Friday afternoon and caught a show, walked the strip Saturday to check out the different casinos and visit M&M World. We took a ride on New York, New York's Manhattan Express roller coaster. We sat all the way in the back and I realized by the butterflies in my stomach that it had been a long time since my last roller coaster ride. The weather was beautiful and I much preferred walking around outside in the sunshine and fresh air over the smoke filled, dark casino rooms. We played a little and I won some and lost some, I think I ended up about $4 in the hole. I can see how people can loose lots of money in there though, all you have to do is look at a screen and push a button. I tried to stay near the penny and nickle machines because I didn't like seeing my money decrease with every push of the button. The highlight of the weekend for me was the BYU vs UNLV game that night. It was a fun game to watch and half of the audience was made up of faithful BYU fans coming to support. Apparently Vegas is a popular road trip amongst the BYU students. Might just be back there in 2 years when they play each other again!
Since I knew I'd have time to kill on the plane I borrowed a book from a friend that lots of people were reading for book club this month. I usually try to stay away from books because I have no self control when I'm into a book and I stress very easily when I'm way behind on my "to do" list because my nose has been in a book all day. Well it was nice to have something to read during my spare time and it made the flights fly by even faster. I finished it that weekend and made the mistake of reading the first chapter of the next book (which they so graciously provide at the end of the first book). When I went to return it to my friend on Monday I was determined I wasn't going to pick up the second book until I got back from my trip to Utah I'm taking this week. However when she took the book out of my hands and asked me if I wanted the second one, my no came out as a yes and I couldn't make myself take it back. So with everything I was suppose to get done yesterday I finished about half and now today is over booked. Last night around 11pm I closed the book mid paragraph and tossed it into my husbands car, running up the stairs so I wouldn't be temped to go get it out again. He won't be back until 7:30 tonight so I should have plenty of time to get everything done today. This is a seriously good series and I only hope she has the 4th one written before I finish the 3rd. Ok, so if you're wondering what series this is that I'm talking about you might have already read it. It's Twilight by Stephanie Meyer. She is a most talented writer so if you haven't had the pleasure, go pick up/barrow a copy soon. You'll love it!

1 comment:
Sounds like Vegas was fun!!
Post a Comment