I have a friend who has been working on building a cabin in Cascade for about 3 years now. Upon it's completion her husband and 3 sons had a "guy's" weekend at the cabin and so she in return decided to have a "girl's" weekend last Friday. Since she doesn't have any girls of her own she invited friends from our ward to join her for an over-nighter. There were 17 of us total and she actually had a bed for everyone to sleep in. This cabin is big and beautiful. Not that we did much sleeping. I think my head hit the pillow around 4:30am. We stayed up all night talking about everything under the sun and eating cheese and chocolate fondue. Friday evening Alex had a birthday party to go to. Her friend hand delivered the pretty princess invitation earlier that week and Alex was so excited to go. I thought for a second about having her skip it so I could make it to dinner in Cascade since I was in charge of bringing some of the food and I was already the last one arriving there that night. But Brad being the softy that he is, told me that there was no way she could miss the party; so once he got home from work, I took off for Cascade and he drove Alex (and our neighbor's girl) to the party, then hung out with Johnny for a couple of hours until it was time to pick her up. Then took both of the kids with him to Home Depot for some parts he needed for the cabin. And then drove to Cascade by himself with both of the kids. Now to some of you this may not seem like much but normally Brad would turn anyone of these tasks down without further questions. But he couldn't think of letting Alex miss a birthday party that she wanted to go to. I probably would've stayed home, sulking that I wasn't in Cascade so Alex wouldn't have to miss the party anyway, but I'm so glad I didn't have to and that he was so willing to step up to the plate. I even suggested he pick her up a little early so she wouldn't have cake and ice cream for dinner and then drive 1 1/2 hours in the car (seeing as though she often gets car sick on that ride anyway). But he wanted her to be able to enjoy all parts of the party and eat all the cake and ice cream she wanted so he hung around as long as needed for his little girl to enjoy being a little girl.Monday, October 08, 2007
Weekend with the Girls
I have a friend who has been working on building a cabin in Cascade for about 3 years now. Upon it's completion her husband and 3 sons had a "guy's" weekend at the cabin and so she in return decided to have a "girl's" weekend last Friday. Since she doesn't have any girls of her own she invited friends from our ward to join her for an over-nighter. There were 17 of us total and she actually had a bed for everyone to sleep in. This cabin is big and beautiful. Not that we did much sleeping. I think my head hit the pillow around 4:30am. We stayed up all night talking about everything under the sun and eating cheese and chocolate fondue. Friday evening Alex had a birthday party to go to. Her friend hand delivered the pretty princess invitation earlier that week and Alex was so excited to go. I thought for a second about having her skip it so I could make it to dinner in Cascade since I was in charge of bringing some of the food and I was already the last one arriving there that night. But Brad being the softy that he is, told me that there was no way she could miss the party; so once he got home from work, I took off for Cascade and he drove Alex (and our neighbor's girl) to the party, then hung out with Johnny for a couple of hours until it was time to pick her up. Then took both of the kids with him to Home Depot for some parts he needed for the cabin. And then drove to Cascade by himself with both of the kids. Now to some of you this may not seem like much but normally Brad would turn anyone of these tasks down without further questions. But he couldn't think of letting Alex miss a birthday party that she wanted to go to. I probably would've stayed home, sulking that I wasn't in Cascade so Alex wouldn't have to miss the party anyway, but I'm so glad I didn't have to and that he was so willing to step up to the plate. I even suggested he pick her up a little early so she wouldn't have cake and ice cream for dinner and then drive 1 1/2 hours in the car (seeing as though she often gets car sick on that ride anyway). But he wanted her to be able to enjoy all parts of the party and eat all the cake and ice cream she wanted so he hung around as long as needed for his little girl to enjoy being a little girl.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Cute story! I love reading bits and pieces of your life!!
Post a Comment