Tuesday, November 13, 2007

Stop, Drop and Roll



Last week we took Alex's preschool group to the fire station for a field trip. I always love this field trip because even as an adult, I love checking out the fire truck. And I loved seeing Johnny's eyes light up when he saw the lights flash or hearing Alex exclaim "cooooool!" when they opened the door on the truck revealing all their axes. We had the same guy give us the tour this year as we did last year, Firefighter Smilie. Last year was one of his first tours and he showed the kids the work out room, their bedrooms, he crawled on the floor with them and stop dropped and rolled with them. This year he was a more seasoned tour guide and said "all they really want to see is the fire engine." I guess he's right, but I loved the pictures of the kids rolling on the floor next to this big fire fighter. Anyway, the kids asked lots of questions and got to see him dress down in all his gear. Johnny spent most of the time inside the fire truck and Alex wanted them to open every door on the truck to see what was kept there. It's a good thing Johnny is starting preschool next year so I'll still have an excuse to visit the fire house!


1 comment:

Sarie said...

You're just a 28 year old kid, that's all!