Ok so Alex is getting a pretty new dress from her Grammie this birthday and of course a pretty new dress needs pretty new shoes. Well, even though her birthday is still s a couple of weeks away Alex needed new church shoes now. So my Mom mailed the shoes out early and sent Alex an email telling her that they were on the way. Alex checked the mail every day for a package and then one day we passed the mail man on our way through the subdivision and as we pulled into our garage he pulled up with a packaged label "Alex Day". Alex was so excited and the excitement only grew when she saw the sparkly ballet style shoes inside. She wears them all day every day. The other day I woke up before the kids and I was downstairs when I hear Alex wake up and make her way down the stairs. When I saw her she was in her pjs with the pig tails still in from the day before and her new shoes on over her socks. Oh how I wish I had the camera handy, she was so cute. I told her that they are church shoes and can't be worn out all the time. When I told her that I was sick and Johnny and I were staying home from church today she made sure her Dad was still going to church so she could wear her new shoes out. Thanks Grammie, she LOVES them!Also, I have been debating whether I should throw Alex a friend party or a family party with all of our family that lives out here. Brad and I would rather have a family party and skip the crazy friend party. But I was afraid Alex would be sad, she's been waiting for her birthday to come along for so long after seeing other friends turn 5 and wanting a princess party of her own. Finally I decided I would ask her. Right away she said "friend party" and I wasn't surprised at all. Then yesterday Brad said that Alex asked him what kind of party he was going to have for her. He wasn't sure what she was talking about and asked what kind of party she wanted (guessing she was thinking about a theme or something). Then she told him that Mom told her that she could have a friend party or a family party and that she would like to have a family party. I was surprised by this but thought I'd let her think about it for awhile before asking. Then today over lunch she told me that she thinks a family party would be a lot more fun because she wants her aunts to be there. Obviously she's been thinking about this and usually once Alex makes her mind up about something she sticks with it. We'll see, I won't make any plans just yet. I just thought it was sweet that after thinking about it she would rather have her family around for her special day.
No comments:
Post a Comment