
Today is mine and Brad's 10 year anniversary. Where has the time gone? We are completely different people than we were 10 years ago, better people, molded together into one. It's hard to believe that we've lived in this house for over 6 years now, that he graduated from
BYU 8 years ago and that we met all of 11 years ago. Do the math, we didn't date very long. We met in September of 97 (I had just graduated from high school), we were engaged in March and married in August of 98. Neither of us were looking for love, but love we found and we knew that anything else we did in life from then on we wanted to do together. I remember the first time we met, my friend Sarah and I were visiting a friend in Utah (Melody) for a week over spring break (I was a senior in high school) and we were meeting up with a bunch of her friends from work to go explore the Muddy Putty caves. Brad showed up on his bike and leather jacket and Mel convinced him to give each of us a ride around the block. I couldn't take my eyes off of his rear view mirror and the reflection of his gorgeous blue eyes the entire time. I'm sure he didn't think much of this young high school kid who he would probably never see again. But when I found myself at
BYU fall semester Mel hooked us up and one date turned into many dates and eventually into an eternity of dates. Tomorrow we are going to go out to dinner and then enjoy massages to remind us of our trip we took in June to Puerto Vallarta to celebrate this mile stone in our relationship. Happy Anniversary Brad!
2 comments:
Happy Anniversary one day late! Marriage is just so grand, isn't it? I remember the caves and everything, those were fun times. My first plane ride of my life was to Utah with you!
Wow has it really been 10 years??? I love that story of how you two met, I don't think I've ever heard the detailed version. Happy Anniversary Lu! No one could ask for a better companion for Brad or a better sister! Love you!
Post a Comment