Johnny couldn't wait to jump into the lake, all decked out in his floating gear and swim around with all the other little kids bobbing about.
Alex "didn't like the sand" because it was too course and she didn't want to wear her shoes in the water. So she opted to play on the playground, a little bored and wishing for a friend. There was another little girl there her age who kept checking Alex out and even asked me about her once. So I finally asked her her name, it was Ashtin and introduced her to Alex. "Hey, you both have names that start with an "A"! And then they were best buds for the rest of the afternoon.
Today the sun is even more reluctant to show itself and Alex is at a birthday party for a friend, so Johnny and I decided to defrost some dough I had left over from Valentine's Day and made these:I rolled out the dough into a big rectangle about 1/4 inch thick. Covered it in cinnamon and sugar, rolled it up into a log, then cut the end off about 1/2 inch at a time and placed them on a greased cookie sheet. After they cooled I dipped the top into some icing and let them dry on a cooling rack so the excess icing dripped down off the cookies. They are so cute and fluffy and taste just like a cinnamon roll in a cookie. I'm calling them "Cini-mini rolls." I love frozen cookie dough, ready to use without the hassle of all the mixing and mess.
Here's the recipe I posted at Valentines:
Super Soft Sugar Cookies
2 cups sugar
2 tsp baking soda
1 tsp salt
2 eggs
2 tsp vanilla
1 cup butter (room temp)
16 oz sour cream
approximately 6 1/2 cups flour (plus or minus) I add flour until it doesn't stick to me as I kneed it out and add more as I see fit as I'm rolling out the cookies.
Roll out dough to about 1/4 inch thick.
Cut out cookies and bake at 400 degrees for 8-9 minutes
Cut out cookies and bake at 400 degrees for 8-9 minutes

1 comment:
Lu,
I went to your Day by Day photo link and showed a few folks in the office. YOU ARE GOOD! I hope you are charging! You should also look at doing Senior Portraits. My co-worker said she would have gone to you! Me too!
Post a Comment