Wednesday, June 03, 2009

Let the Summer Begin!

Today was Alex last day of Kindergarten. She is officially a First Grader! Next year she won't get home off the bus until 4:00pm and then I'll just have a few precious hours with her before bedtime and we do it all over again. We'll have to make sure our weekends count!

Yesterday the Kindergartners had Field Day. They had tons of stations set up around the field full of fun "get wet" kind of activities and it rained the entire time. Luckily I had Alex change into some pants (last minute) and she grabbed a jacket before walking out the door in the morning. But most of the kids were dressed in shorts and T-shirts, poor things. They had fun none the less, touring different states around the US from Hawaii to Texas...and well, I didn't really pay attention to what "state" we were in at each station. I was more concerned about keeping my camera dry. It was fun watching her enjoy herself...with her friends...in the rain.
That afternoon Alex showed an interest in Fashion Design and created this dress for her Barbie. She was very proud of herself.

On Monday she came home from school asking if we could go to the store and buy a present for her Kindergarten teacher. I had planned on having Alex write her a Thank You card and I suggested we buy her some flowers as well. That wasn't good enough for Alex though. She said she wanted to get her a "Mom and Dad present that she could wrap up..........like silverware!" Um, well, I'm sure she has plenty of perfectly good silverware at her house that she likes. How about just flowers and a card? "But I want to wrap something up, she likes carmel and chocolate!" Ok, flowers and some candy, you can wrap up candy and they actually make some carmel ones covered in chocolate. How do you know what candy she likes? "I asked her because I wanted to get something for her and her favorite color is pink, so we should get her pink flowers." Sounds good to me.

Then all day after we got the flowers for Alex's teacher, as well as the following day, Johnny had been asking me for some flowers for HIS teacher because we were going to a "meet and greet" after I got back from Alex's field day. So when I picked him up from my friend's house to head over to meet his teacher, I noticed an overflowing bush of pink roses outside her house. She was more than willing to share because they "needed to be pruned back anyway." So Johnny collected a fist full and was so excited to have something to give his teacher that day. He truly is a sweet heart. He is constantly surprising me with how good he is about saying "please" and "thank you" (especially after I give him a meal...assuming I didn't make something he deems poisonous of course) and he is so good (even at the age of 3) at holding the door open for me wherever we go. He's full of hugs and kisses all the time. This kid loves to love and to be loved. I love both of my kids so much!

And now, yet another summer is knocking on our door. Our summers fly by so fast, I know this one will too. We have lots planned, so if you don't hear from me for awhile here and there, expect lots of pictures when I come back! Let the Summer Begin!

No comments: