

Alex asks me every day, "how many more days until I'm a first grader?" Just 3 more days! On Friday I attended her Kindergarten Celebration where all 3 classes stood up on the stage and sang a few songs they had learned this year. Including, "Hello Song", "Counting Song", "There's a Bird in the Kitchen" (Alex's Favorite) and "I Can't Spell Hippopotamus." Click on the Bird in the Kitchen song to see a video. (Not the best quality but it's better than nothing!)After the songs were over the teachers presented each child with their Kindergarten Completion certificate. Then during refreshments Alex fluttered around the cafeteria on cloud 9 saying hi to all of her friends. She's so ready to be a first grader and is already telling me everything she'll be able to do as a first grader that she didn't do as a Kindergartner. She is sad though that she won't have Mrs. Ledbetter as a teacher next year, but I assured her she could stop by just about any time and say hi to her. Our little girl is growing up! She already looks so much older than she did this time last year.
2 comments:
I bet Alex has so many friends! How cute. You look skinny Laurel!
I can't believe our girls are graduating kindergarten.
Too cute! She is getting too big. She looks 6 going on 18!
Post a Comment