
A friend of mine told me that the church park lot is a magical place to teach your child how to ride a bike. Whether it be the wide open spaces or the hollowed ground, I'm not sure, but Alex was riding her two wheeler and even starting herself off in about 10 minutes. Yay!
You can see a video of her riding off on her own here:
If you look under my other videos you'll see another one of her last ride of the day.
We have been trying for years to get her to ride a bike but she lacked the confidence she needed. It was a spur of the moment decision to throw the bikes in the truck and head on over. She was missing one of her knee pads so we didn't bring them. I don't know what I was thinking (I guess I really wasn't) but I didn't dress her for road rash. When she finally got that confidence she was lacking she turned a corner a little too sharp and spilled against the curb. You would've thought her leg was cut off with all the whailing. So I rushed her home to doctor her up and apologized for not putting her in pants and knee pads. I knew she wouldn't wear the boy knee pads though (because I've tried in the past) so I didn't even ask. But after a couple of band aids and an ice cream cone she was out running around the park full force.
We have been trying for years to get her to ride a bike but she lacked the confidence she needed. It was a spur of the moment decision to throw the bikes in the truck and head on over. She was missing one of her knee pads so we didn't bring them. I don't know what I was thinking (I guess I really wasn't) but I didn't dress her for road rash. When she finally got that confidence she was lacking she turned a corner a little too sharp and spilled against the curb. You would've thought her leg was cut off with all the whailing. So I rushed her home to doctor her up and apologized for not putting her in pants and knee pads. I knew she wouldn't wear the boy knee pads though (because I've tried in the past) so I didn't even ask. But after a couple of band aids and an ice cream cone she was out running around the park full force.
She is so excited to tell her friends that she can ride a two wheeler all by herself now. Next time we'll make sure she is dressed for the job. So if this is a first for you as well, when you take your child out to learn how to ride a bike, turn into the closest church parking lot and
DON'T FORGET THE PANTS!
No comments:
Post a Comment