Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Happy Heritage Day!

Yes, that is what Brad is trying to teach our kids. That St. Patrick's Day is "heritage" day because part of their ancestors came over from Ireland once upon a time. He's trying to stake his claim on this fun little holiday. Well, I'm all for it, I love St. Patrick's Day! And even though the kids were totally put off by the possibility of eating green eggs for breakfast (maybe next year) I did make sure they were all wearing their green today. I laid out Alex's only green shirt (that she has never worn) and she quickly replaced it with a much cuter pink shirt with a hint of green on the flowers because (as she told me) "pink and green go great together". She accessorized with a pink and green necklace and we topped it off with a green bow in her hair that she found laying around and I tied to her headband. The bow is thanks to my friend, Sara, because while I was good and joined a gym this week, she was good and brought me a box full of mint brownies for St. Patrick's Day (which I ate the majority of and shared a few crumbs with my family). She must have known I would need a green ribbon for my daughter's hair today. I hope you remembered YOUR green today!


HAPPY ST. PATRICK'S DAY!!!

6 comments:

Sarie said...

I think we're all a little bit irish.. those of us with fair skin anyway. I could use some mint brownies myself...

Jolene said...

I tried to tell Bret about our heritage day and he says our heritage is Idahoan.

Anonymous said...

Brad does know we aren't actually Irish...right? Do I need to show him the lds family history websites I've been using?

Anonymous said...

Brad does know we aren't actually Irish...right? Do I need to show him the lds family history websites I've been using?

Jolene said...

Emily must have been adopted like I always thought.

Sara @ Our Best Bites said...

I read that and was like, what the heck is heritage day?? haha. Glad you liked the brownies- and way to recycle the bow!