For the long weekend Brad and I packed up the kids and took off to cascade. The kids spent most of their time outside building forts and going for rides on the four wheeler. Johnny picked his spot for a fort because one the the trees had little broken off branches jutting out for him to climb on. Such a little monkey. Alex spent her time knocking off all of the broken off branches from her trees so no one could use them for climbing and "it just looked prettier that way". I took them on one hike but halfway through it Brad came and picked the kids up in the Rhino and lapped me a few times on the neighborhood loop. The next day I put on my running shoes and ran the loop and then ran down to the lake and back. So much more refreshing than running on a treadmill at the gym. It was sprinkling a little from time to time so we did a lot of roasting marshmallows in the wood stove until the last night we were able to build a little fire outside. The kid's favorite part about being at the cabin is always roasting marshmallows at the little firepit outside. We're so lucky to have a place like this to retreat to once in awhile and I'm so grateful his parents share it so willing!
No comments:
Post a Comment