
So it looks like both of my kids are taking steps towards growing up. Johnny has been asking to ride a two wheeler since the sun came out this spring. So today I threw his bike in the back of the car and we headed over to the church parking lot where we had so much success with Alex. This time I made sure he had on long pants, long sleeves and knee pads.

He took off right away on the first try and his face was beaming with pride (as was mine). I think his seat was a bit too high because he had a hard time reaching the ground to start or stop himself. He didn't mind crash landing though and got pretty good about hopping off to the side of the bike when it was going down. He actually liked using his knee pads though when it was necessary. It wasn't too long before he wanted to try to go up curbs and stuff all by himself.

He wanted me to help as little as possible and as he was riding, any obstacle he needed to go around became his main focus and he would always end up going right towards it instead of in the opposite direction. I got quite a workout keeping up with him but I did manage to get a couple of videos of him riding his two wheeler! Check them out
here and
here.
Still lots of practicing to do but I'm sure he'll be a pro in no time!
2 comments:
There's something about that... having both yours kids able to ride by themselves with no training wheels. It has to feel good.
The knee pads are my favorite part!! Go Johnny!
Post a Comment