Wednesday, June 20, 2007

The Birthday Boy!

My little boy turned TWO! I had to skip ahead on my blogging and post some pictures. He had no idea that the party we had yesterday was for him. We kept telling him it was his birthday and that he was two and he'd repeat "two" and still was clueless. When everyone gathered around for present opening time Johnny hops up on the couch for a great view of whatever is about to take place. Then I told him that the presents were for him and he got all excited and hopped back off of the couch running towards the pile of gifts. Alex and I were teaching him how to say "I love you" that morning and he'd repeat each word as we'd say it. Then we tried to get him to repeat it on the phone to his Dad and it didn't translate too well. So I guess we need to work on that one. Well he measured in at 32 1/4 inches tall, what does that mean to a 2 year old? Not much, however Alex was 35 1/2 inches tall on her second birthday so if this trend continues it might mean something to him in 10 years.
He got lots of trucks for his birthday and a cool avalanche slide to drive them around on.
As you can see in the picture below, it was quite a popular item with all the kids at the party that day. Today he has been happy enough to have it (just about) all to himself. Alex does try to jump in and play with him now and then. Hopefully turning two doesn't make him any more "terrible" than he already is! Just joking, he really is a sweetheart and I can't wait to show him off to my California family here next week!


Happy Birthday Johnny!

1 comment:

Sarie said...

the comment about Johnny's height cracked me up. Ya, he might be peeved in ten years, but by then he'll be used to it. He's so cute, Happy birthday to him!