Last night they kids were a little exhausted so we put them to bed a few minutes earlier than normal. When tucking Johnny in he started saying "ging gone, ging gone" over and over. Trying to avoid a tantrum I tried really hard to figure out what he was saying and when he said "Mommy ging gone me" I realized he wanted me to sing him a song. So we worked for awhile on making the "S" sound which he has down because he calls Alex "Sissy" all the time. So I'd have him say sing, "sing" then song, "s-gong". We'll have to work on that one some more. So I started singing him a song and apparently it was the wrong one, so he cut me off and requested "goodnight sweetheart". He had been smiling and laughing up until now and as soon as I started singing good night sweetheart his mouth turned upsidedown and he starts to sniffle as he builds up a cry. I stopped right away and asked "you don't like my singing?" and he started laughing. He does this every time I start singing to him at night, I thought it was because I usually only sing him a good night song when he's having a hard time and he's been crying anyway. So I started again, "goodnight sweet" and his mouth turned upside down and he started sniffling again (his eyes are tearing up). We both started cracking up laughing, I had tears coming down my cheeks as I worked out the last of the song through my hysteria so I could kiss him goodnight and get out of there. I wonder to myself every day what he is going to be like in a couple of years because he is the most animated little guy I've ever met. He loves to laugh and to make people laugh. I'm sure that will never change.
********************************
Oh and this morning Alex was frustrated because she "knows Brayden and Logan and Rogan and Hunter" but she can't remember her two girl cousin's names.
You mean Lizzy who we just spent the weekend with?
No, I know Lizzy. I mean the big one and the little one.
You only have two girl cousins, Sarah who is older and lives in Arizona and then Lizzy. I know there really is someone who you're thinking of but I also know that they're not your cousins. Where did we last see them?
When we went to their house. One is 5 like me, one is little like Johnny.
Do you mean Grace and Ruby?
Yeah!
We miss you Sarah! And Grace! And Ruby! We kind of even miss you too Jake. :o)
1 comment:
AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH My heart is breaking. That is so sweet of Alex. We miss you guys too. We need you to have another kid, Laurel, to match with my third. And it better be a girl.
:)
Post a Comment