Monday, May 19, 2008

Bret and Jolene Weston

This past weekend we were in Utah celebrating the marriage of Brad's sister Jolene to her now husband Bret Weston! I can't believe this weekend has already come and gone. We love Bret and are so excited for them to be together. Congratulations Bret and Jolene!

Here's a breakdown of our festivities. I left on my own Thursday because Brad wasn't able to take the extra day off. He had a one way ticket to Utah later that day. I had to be there early though so I wouldn't miss out of the manicures and pedicures Jolene was treating the girl's to. Yes, I had my first pedicure and I loved it. My pedicurist had another appointment go late so I had to wait. She felt bad so she gave me a free paraffin wax. But I had a massage chair, a foot spa and no kids, I was in no hurry. I've never had a french manicure on my toes before. Thanks Jo!

Since the wedding was in Midway and just down the street from Brad's Grandma Robin we got to stay with her for the weekend. What a treat, she and Uncle Louie (I'll explain later) are the most kind hearted, fun loving couple you'll ever meet. They have more energy than I do some times and they have such a love for our kids. We had the best time staying with them in their Swiss Chalet in the mountains!
I feel like I should explain why they are Grandma Robin and Uncle Louie. When Brad and his twin Brian were babies their parents got very sick and so with 3 kids and a new set a twins to take care of Robin took the babies under her own care and became a great friend to his parents. From then on Robin and Louie were family. Robin was quickly adopted as "grandma" however Louie felt he was too young still to be a grandpa so they called him "uncle". So even now that they have 2 great grandchildren of their own, they are still Grandma Robin and Uncle Louie to the Day family. We all look up to them so dearly and are grateful to have them in our lives. As Brad puts it, if we're lucky we'll all get into heaven if we hold tight to Grandma's heals. She is an angel on this earth and I'm so glad my kids were able to get to know her better this weekend when they were kind enough to open their home to us and keep us well fed!

Ok, so back to the wedding. Friday morning we got the kids dressed for family pictures. Jolene wasn't going to waste any time getting Bret into our family picture, good on you Jo. So we got the kids dressed up in their brown and white and tried to keep the white, white, while we waited for everyone to gather. Not an easy task while they're running around in the dirt and around the pond at our meeting place. At one point Alex was looking around for Bret and couldn't find him anywhere even though he was the one standing right in front of her. So I lifted her up to his eye level and she got shy and put her muddy foot up on his white shirt. Jolene let out a huge gasp as Bret brushed it off and assured her you couldn't even see it. Oops, I guess Jolene will be standing on that side of him for pictures. Jolene was very relaxed however throughout the entire weekend and I have to recognize her for that. She was obviously very well prepared and walking on clouds as she should be. Our bribe for getting the kids to smile during pictures was that we would take them swimming afterward if they did good. So a quick change and off to the indoor pool there on site. Johnny mostly hung out in the huge hot tub that was half the size of the pool and had a ledge all the way around for him to walk on. He wasn't too inclined to go out any further into the water. And any time we tried to take him out he would hold tight around our neck and lick our face as a punishment until we brought him back safely to the side of the pool. I'm not sure how he's going to do in swimming lessons this year, we'll see.
All of the girls reveled over Jolene's beautiful dress and took turns holding her bouquet.

Johnny's favorite part of the day was the dancing. He was out on the dance floor as soon as he heard a good dancing beat and stayed there until he admitted to us that he was tired and ready to go home and go to bed. He never admits when he's tired so we knew he must really be beat. He had the moves though, from disco to break dancing he was wooing all the ladies on the dance floor.

The next morning we were in no hurry to head home so we headed back over to the homestead where the wedding had been and checked out the Crater on the grounds. We walked to the top and looked down the hole into it and then walked around and got to go inside. The lake inside is very deep and always warm, even in the winter, so they use it a lot for scuba diving lessons. And sure enough there were scuba divers popping their heads up out of the deep blue water. It was pretty cool to see. Too bad we couldn't take a dip for ourselves.

And that about sums it up! We had a lot of fun. Now we just have to focus on our trip to Puerto Vallarta in two weeks!!! Yeah!

1 comment:

Sarie said...

I can't believe your trip is in two weeks. that came fast! I love the photos from the wedding. Congrats to JO!