After I got the pictures I needed of her getting on the bus I picked Johnny up and ran back to our house, jumped in the truck and caught up to her bus following it the rest of the way to the school. It was fun seeing all the other kids in her class; and her friends that weren't in her class were waiting right next door for their teacher to let them in. I was glad I wasn't the only one with the camera out although I know I was the one taking the most pictures. Some of them were dropping off their first like me, some were dropping off their last and celebrating, one of my friends is 31 weeks pregnant with twins, dropping off her first child for Kindergarten and today happens to be her 30th birthday. Needless to say, she was a little emotional. Her teacher, Mrs. Ledbetter, has all the kids wave to their parents and tell them goodbye as she escorts them into the classroom making a clean breaking point for all the parents. I'm happy about the friends she has in her class, I'm happy for the teacher she got, I'm happy I got the pictures I wanted, I'm happy Johnny's handling it all very well and I'm happy that she's confident and excited for school to begin. It's a good "first day of school morning". I hope the "first day of school afternoon" is just as good!
Monday, August 25, 2008
First Day of Kindergarten
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
How fun! That's so cute that you followed her on the bus in your truck. Is it not crazy that you have a kindergartner!!
I am dying to hear about the afternoon! Was she cranky? Grace has been pretty good actually. 230 is a perfect time to come home, she seems pretty happy. Alex looks so cute! I love all the photos. Congratulations! The principal said that a lot of kindergarten parents follow the buses home with their cars, so no worries:)
Post a Comment