Saturday, April 25, 2009

A Long Weekend

Today was picture day for soccer. I pulled Alex's hair back into pigtails for the first time in 3 months. It took a clip and a lot of hairspray, but it worked and her hair was out of her face for pictures on this cold and windy day. I have to say though, Alex really impressed me today. She worked hard on offense and defense out on the soccer field and even made a few goals herself.
Johnny must have ADD or something because he couldn't hold still for two seconds for the photographer to get a decent shot in. I'm not sure what we'll get out of it so of course I had to take a few of my own. Luckily with his hair cut we didn't have to worry about the wind and his pictures were first thing in the morning.

Friday, Alex's Kindergarten class took a field trip to the zoo. Johnny and I met them there and walked around with our little group of 5 and then I signed her out when the rest of them loaded back onto the bus and the kids and I spent a little more time doing the things they look forward to doing the most when we visit the zoo.

Things like, riding the carousel...

Alex is helping Johnny make the 42 inch height requirement.
Luckily they don't actually measure you before entering the ride.

We also like to stop by the penguin exhibit and measure the kids against different "life-sized" penguins lined up out front.

Alex is now taller than the tallest penguin there.

Following the path of tiger paw prints on the ground...
Love the life-sized statue of the komodo dragon. All Johnny could think of was riding the two slides at either end of the park. Oh, and let's not forget the rock he pointed out that "also lives at the park".
Interesting how none of their favorite attractions actually include the animals themselves. Although this year a few new animals did peak their interest, including the lions and the giraffes. They actually stopped running for a minute to check out the giraffes, I was amazed.

And because of this extra long field trip, she gets Monday off from school so the afternoon classes can also visit the zoo. Time is flying a little too fast these days, here's hoping this next weekend doesn't sneak up on me quite as fast as this one did.

No comments: