Friday, April 03, 2009

Truth

The truth is, my kids both wear mismatch PJ's every night. Alex, makes a conscious decision to mix it up, to show her "creative" side. Johnny just reaches into his draw and hopes to pull out one top and one bottom. Apparently Alex was a little embarrassed about her PJ choice this morning and willingly lets me pick out her clothes every school day. Since there was no school today though, they are watching Pocahontas in their PJ's this morning and Alex asks me "is this story true?"
Me: "Yes, Pocahontas is a true story"
Alex: "So sometimes they makes stories that are true and sometimes they don't?"
Me: "Yup"
Alex: "Like they make Santa movies and those are true!"
Me: "Um.......Ya!"
Last month her teacher made a big deal out of leprechauns at school. A couple of times the leprechauns came and trashed their room leaving green glitter everywhere and turning the room upside down. The kids all took it very seriously and were keeping a look out for leprechauns every second of their school day. Some of them (including Alex) even brought in leprechaun traps to put in the classroom so they could catch one and get their three wishes.
Then one day after school (the leprechauns had visited their classroom that day) Alex tells me "I know that leprechauns aren't real." I thought about playing it up and carrying on the charade but I just answered with a "oh ya, how's that?" Then she very simply and to the point tells me that she prayed to Heavenly Father and he told her that they aren't real. Can't argue with that one, I'm so glad I didn't try to carry on the lie. Now I'm just wondering if she'll be on her knees next Christmas asking about her faithful friend in red.

2 comments:

Celeste said...

How sweet that she prayed about it!

Sarie said...

she probably will pray about Santa! That's next on the list. Oh Alex, such a smarty pants.