Tuesday, April 17, 2007

Bonkers for Balls

The kids and I made a trip to Wal-Mart this morning and in passing through the toy department to find a gift for an upcoming birthday the kids both googled over some balls on sale in an isle bin. Johnny is nuts for all sorts of balls and anything round enough to be a ball. And when a ball isn't present he'll use whatever's handy and pretend it is a ball. It hailed today and he was going bonkers over all the tiny bouncing balls falling from the sky!
Well Alex picked out a nice big disney princess ball like the one our neighbor girl has that she has been coviting for months now. Johnny didn't really care what was on it so we picked out a cool spiderman ball for him. He has never stayed in the cart better when I threatened to take away his ball if he got out. When we got to the register I had to pick him up and hold him over the counter so she could scan the ball while held safely in his clutches. When we got home the kids played out back while I unloaded the groceries. Johnny carried it up and down the ladder to the trampoline and held onto it the whole time he was on the trampoline. When they were riding bikes he picked one with a bucket on the front to hold his ball while he was scooting around. He didn't fight coming inside like he usually does as long as he got to bring his ball in with him. It was soon nap time and he was most insistant on taking it to bed with him. So Howie in one hand and the ball in the other, he drifted fast asleep. Upon awaking he still had his precious ball in his hands and then came the delima of his post-bedtime sippy. It seemed to make much more sense to drop his precious Howie to hold his sippy rather than his new ball. Needless to say, I think he's in love and I'm trying to figure out how I will get him to bed tonight without tucking his ball into bed right next to him.

1 comment:

Sarie said...

How cute!! I love Johnny. Boys are so cute with things like that. I can't believe he was so attached!