Tuesday, April 24, 2007

Turning Two?

These are my nephews, Logan, Ethan & Brayden (L to R). Ethan, the youngest of the three boys, just celebrated his 2nd birthday today. He's only a couple of months older than Johnny. That means that Johnny will be turning 2 soon too, how can this be? A 2 year old is an official toddler, I won't be able to call him my baby anymore. Today after his nap, Alex was at a friend's house and I sat down with him to snuggle for a minute and he sat in my lap for at least half an hour. Just laying there letting me snuggle him in my arms. The whole time I was thinking about all the things I should be doing but he was being so still and so cuddly, I couldn't give it up. Alex never was a snuggle bug so I don't take it for granted with him. And here he is coming up on his 2nd birthday, I am racking my brain with a solution on how I can keep my little boy.....little. I'm going to have to face the facts and put him in a big kid bed (yes he's still in a crib) and take away his binki and make him grow up. I'm having a hard time making this transition because I really don't want him to grow up. Isn't there any way around it???

1 comment:

Sarie said...

I feel the same way! I hate the kids growing up. I never realized what it meant until I had kids, but adults would always say, "time goes by so fast", or "kids grow up in the blink of an eye". .. I better snuggle the girls more.