
Today was the big day, I really had no idea which way the coin would toss but Alex got in there and just had fun. At first, any time a team would make a goal she would run out and give me and Brad each a hug and run back in. I'm pretty sure she thought that any time either team made a goal, it was victory for all the kids on the field. And we all cheered any time either team made a goal. Nothing wrong with that, they don't keep score anyway. Although I found out that the kids do keep individual scores for themselves. Most of them remembered how many goals they made and one of the girls on her team would call out to her parents "That's 5! or 6 or 7!" any time she made a goal. She was always right in there, confident at her ball handling skills. It helped that soccer was her family's sport and this wasn't her first year playing. But she didn't compare herself to anyone else, she was just bubbly and excited for the game. Alex kept a safe distance usually when there were too many kids huddled around the ball but she chased after that huddle of kids quite enthusiastically and when the chance came that the huddle broke up, she made her first goal! Maybe next year she'll remember this to be a good experience and ask to sign up for another season of soccer. Then she can be the girl right in the middle of the huddle calling out to her parents "That's 5!" On the way home we were talking and she tells me excitedly "Soccer is so much fun!" And that's all I wanted to hear.
3 comments:
How cute! I need to get Gracie in Soccer.
True victory for you!! Sounds like she's a natural, just like her mommy:)
You're so funny Laurel. It sounds like there may be hopes of her turning around!! I can't believe you have such big kids. It's still weird to think that we're all grown up.
Post a Comment