Tuesday, October 02, 2007

I present to you, Mr. & Mrs. Matthias Knudsen

My little brother, Matt, got married in the Redland, CA temple; September 15, 2007 to Vanessa Avilez. Ok, so it's taken awhile to get this blog up I know. A CD with all of the pictures on it is on it's way. I was a dork and left my camera at the hotel the day of the wedding. I stole my Mom's camera but that of course went home with her with all of the pictures I took. But my sister was good enough to post some on the web and I stole these shots from there. After looking through the pictures I am sad that my kids weren't there. It would've been so expensive to fly them down and it would've been so crazy with them there. They would've had to be babysat the whole time while we were in the temple for both the endowment sessions and the marriage. Not to mention nap times and bedtimes that would need to be fit in. It would've been crazy but it would've been worth it for the pictures. Alex was sad that she wasn't going but mostly just because she wanted to see Vanessa's wedding dress. And Vanessa's dress was stunning, I made sure a picture was sent to our email right away so Alex could see it.

Brad and I had a nice time however without the kids. I would like to reinstate that I do wish the kids were there for the pictures but that's the only time I missed them. We had a blast relaxing at the pool, staying up late and of course sleeping in. We walked around downtown Palm Springs and did some shopping and ate at some nice little restaurants. We were free to do whatever we wanted with our free time, it was a beautiful weekend.

After the partying was over we headed back home to Idaho while everyone else made their way to the North Coast. Matt and Vanessa honeymooned on the ocean in Trinidad while my Mom and sisters prepared for a reception in their honor the following weekend. I almost packed up my kids and made the drive out there but I had too many responsibilities, it wouldn't have been practical. We haven't had a family picture taken since before Johnny was born and I am determined to have both my husband AND my kids at the next Knudsen family reunion.


CONGRATULATIONS MATT AND VANESSA!

Ok, and one of me and Brad. :o)

2 comments:

Sarie said...

Geez, Laurel, have you been tanning? You look super tan.

{Erica} said...

you look super cute!! i love that dress on your and your hair is darling!