Monday, February 22, 2010

Full House



Over the weekend we got to watch my nephews, Ethan and Weston while their parents and older brothers went snowboarding in Utah. Johnny was thrilled to have Ethan sleep in his bunk bed with him and to have a friend all weekend long. Those two play so great together, it's always fun watching them when they get together.


Alex was excited to have Weston sleep in her room with her. This little guy is so quick to love and we played, laughed and snuggled with him all weekend long. I say "we" because Alex and Hunter both loved playing with him, Sariah was constantly snuggling him whenever I wasn't and Brad could get him laughing better than anyone else.

At one point Alex was at a friend's and three became a crowd so we invited a friend over for Hunter as well. That's Micah in the picture at the top of the page next to Hunter.

Friday was a bit interesting. A friend of mine from Elementary school (Laura Richins/Quinton) was down this way (from Canada) visiting family and so we decided to get together and meet each other's kids and catch up. Well Alex had a birthday party that afternoon until 6. Her friend's Mom said she would bring Alex home and Laura was coming at 6:30. I really wanted Alex to be here so she could meet her and so her daughter Kyleigh (who is Alex's age) would have someone to play with. Well Alex got home at 7pm with an entire jar of noise putty completely incorporated into her hair. She's not even sure how it happened or who put it there.
Sariah was kind enough to take on the daunting task and opened a jar of peanut butter. So the entire time Laura was here Alex sat in the other room while Sariah worked all of the sticky snotty gunk out of her hair. Then Shaun (her man) suggested WD40 which worked like a charm (thanks Shaun) and after a little trim and 3 shampoos her hair is healthy and putty free. With all the chaos that this weekend was, I didn't get a picture of her new do. I even forgot to get the camera out to take a before picture or even to grab a picture of Laura and her 3 cute kids! I could kick myself. Sariah did click this one with her phone as she was combing through the mess.

What a nightmare!

Just the hair part, the nephews and long lost friends were highlights!

1 comment:

Sarie said...

It's worse than I thought it was. I can picture your reaction upon her walking through the door! What did her friend's mom say? Crazy Laurel, just crazy.