Monday, February 01, 2010

Mailboxes

For FHE this week we talked about "kindness begins with me" and made valentine mailboxes for the whole family. The kids had fun decorating them and they quickly got to work filling them up. I taught the boys how to fold a paper in half and cut out a heart and next week we'll have a valentine's party and open our mailboxes.

Saturday we went skiing and before we left I grabbed my jacket off of the chair it was hanging on and forgot my camera was wrapped around it as well. It went crashing to the ground and the front glass shattered. It's my zoom lens and I was going to take some pictures finally of the kids skiing that day. The weather couldn't have been more beautiful and now I have to wait until my lens is fixed before I can get some of those up on the web. I did take some video which I hope to post soon and took a couple of pix with Sariah's camera. They are both loving skiing again this year. So more on that to come!

Also, we sold our truck today. We bought it new with Brad's sign on bonus after graduating from college and accepting a job with Micron. We've had it for almost 10 years, it was sad to see it go. So many memories of camping, skiing, kayaking, cabin trips and more are attached to it that I teared up a little when I watched it drive away for the last time. I hope our next vehicle is as dependable and comfortable as our dakota was. I'm leaning towards a durango. We'll see!

2 comments:

lauralquinton said...

So, if all goes according to plan, I will be in Star in 2 weeks. (well, less than 2 weeks) I'm hoping to leave here the 12. We MUST get together this time. LOL

Hannah said...

Oh my gosh, Sarah had told me about your lens mishap, that's horrible! Good luck with your vehicle searching:)