Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Who would've thought?

Who would've thought that one day my childhood friend and I would be sitting on the couch surrounded by 5 1/2 crazy kids that all belong to us? Um, just to clarify, the half is on account of Sarah's baby girl #4 on the way. :o)
Sorry Sarah, I had to include this next picture, it just sums up the entire weekend for me!

While yes, the kids were a bit crazy when they all got together...

Bonds were renewed...

New ones were formed...

And Alex discovered she would very much like a baby sister!


Then I pointed out the possibility of having another little brother and she got a frightened look on her face and admitted it wasn't worth taking the chance. Ha ha! Smart girl.

Thanks for a much needed weekend Sarah and Smylie Clan! It's nice to have someone who knows you so well, your imperfections, your embarrassing moments, your awkward years, your accomplishments, your fears and ambitions and can some how relate. Catching up on time lost takes no time at all and the therapeutic, late-night talks are rejuvenating and inspirational.

Until next time!

2 comments:

Sarie said...

Until next time? Until NEXT MONTH you mean! ha ha. You'll never drive down here to visit me again after all that driving with just you and the kids! Thanks for coming, a million times over. Great post. Your pictures really told our story!
xo

Celeste said...

How fun... I love all the cute pictures and I'm so glad I got to see you even for just a few minutes! Thank you so much for coming to the blessing! I loved having you all there.