Yay, we had our final ski lesson (sorry for the 4 ski posts in a row. We're going Friday too with Brad so this isn't the last one either.)
Boo, it was a freezing 14 degrees and felt even colder in the wind.
Yay, Alex went down some blue (intermediate) runs with her class.
Yay, I got to follow her for her first run.
Boo, she wasn't as good at turning as the rest of the kids and bolted straight down the slopes ahead of her class.
Yay, she steered herself in the right direction until the slope leveled out for her to stop.
Boo, I dropped my glove on my way down to catch up to her because I had it off to take pictures.
Yay, Alex likes to go fast, if only she could understand that it isn't a race and she needs to learn some fundamentals about slowing down and stopping. This is where I left the group to go find my glove.
Boo, she crashed and hit her nose, giving her a bloody nose on one of the runs.
Yay, I wasn't there for that.
Yay, she didn't let it affect her mood and she still had fun.
Yay, I caught Johnny on his last run. He really wanted me to see him ski today because I missed him last week.
Boo, they ended class early because everyone was so cold.
Yay, for a thermas that keep your apple cider nice and warm while you ski.
Yay, we made it off the mountain in time to catch Brad at the hospital visiting his Dad.
Yay, his Dad's knee surgery went really well.
Boo, I parked a mile away from where I was suppose to park.
Yay, the kids got to ride the elevator a lot.
Yay, Happy meals are half priced Tuesday nights.
Yay, for the little puppy happy meal toys the kids actually play with a lot.
Boo, we got home really late.
Yay, there was a message on the answering machine from a boy in Alex's class.
Yay, I got to watch her act both embarrassed, shy, excited and giddy as she returns his call.
Yay, Brad's teacher let him out of class really early.
Yay, the kids still made it to bed on time. Life is good.
Yay, Brad's coming with us on Friday.
Yay, I get to bring my new telephoto lens and take lots of pictures. I'm crossing my fingers for good picture taking weather.
No comments:
Post a Comment