

Johnny thought it was great that everyone there knew him by name. His name is taped to the top of his helmet for lessons and I hadn't taken it off yet. He loved that he had so many new friends on the mountain that day. As you might expect, Johnny had a little too much confidence. He was great at playing "green light, yellow light, red light" but he didn't like "yellow light" very much. He wanted to go fast, always trying to race you down the mountain instead of follow you through turns and practicing control. He could maneuver his way around with ease and nothing about it made him nervous. He wanted so bad to go on the higher lifts and steeper runs. He wanted to ride the lift all by himself and have the independence Alex enjoyed. Next year I'm confident that we'll all be riding the bigger lifts together.
Every time we went up for lessons I would alter between hot chocolate and apple cider because Johnny is a chocolate fan and Alex loves her cider. This time we brought up a thermas of each of them and they thought that was a real treat. They were excited to go up stairs and eat at the lodge even though they had been having so much fun skiing that neither of them noticed how hungry they were until we stopped to eat. I wasn't surprised at all when Johnny crashed on the way home. A lot of mine and Brad's favorite sports are things that the kids won't be able to really participate in until they get a little older. Skiing is one they can start out in early. It won't be long before we can all go up together and ski casually down the runs together as a family. I'm looking forward to that time.
3 comments:
Awesome new photos, so happy you have the telephoto now!
What cute pictures. That's great you are able to do so many fun activities with your kids. They definitely sound up to it! :)
Cute Laurel. I love Johnny. And where are you in the pictures? Don't forget to sneak one in of you w the kids every now and then. After all, you are up there with them every time!
Post a Comment